Easi-Block is a lightweight Porthole Protection Plate designed to fit emergency exit doors situated throughout the accommodation decks.
Designed to deny access if the vision panel is breached, and denying access to the locking mechanism and/or Easi-Chock device.
Easi-Block saves essential Chief Engineer and Crew time in fabricating and installing steel plates and/or plastic bags or cardboard to deny vision access, the later options provide no protection. The fixing method is designed and tested to withstand a concerted breaching attempt. The initial installation of the fixing studs takes approximately 20mins per door and once installed the Porthole Protection Plate can be fitted and removed quickly.
Unique Selling Points
- No requirement for dry dock works
- No requirement for hot works permits
- No welding
- No alteration to existing designs
- A fraction the cost of dry dock option, up to 300% saving
- Bespoke design
- Fitted by the crew
- Lower cost enables all vulnerable portholes to be included and protected as part of the SSP
- High quality product
- All fasteners are 316 Grade Stainless Steel
- Withstands 800kgs of pull
Download the Easi-Block Leaflet